Finally, it’s approved! After about 5-6 days of development and 7-8 days of waiting for review, my first solo iOS application is in the appstore
It’s a super simple Hi/Lo game, with Game Center integration for Leaderboards and Achievements.
The game is very simple.
1. You place an initial bet (1 to 10,000) and that becomes “the pot”
2. A number between 1 and 50 is drawn
3. You bet the entire pot, on whether the next number will be higher or lower than the last number drawn, at the odds given for each option.
4. The next number is drawn.
* If the number is equal to the last number, you lose.
* If you picked the incorrect option, you lose.
* If you picked the correct option (higher/lower) the pot is multiplied by the respective odds. At this point you can cash out your winnings or move to the next round (step 3)
…and so on.
There are achievements for reaching specific rounds (2,5,10, etc), cashing out specific amounts in a single game (10k, 100k, etc) and for winning at nearly impossible odds (for example: winning by betting on “lower” when current number is 2).
Simple timer rewards the player with 100 points every 5 minutes when the game is in the foreground, to assure they never really run out of points to bet.
admin June 11th, 2012
Posted In: Projects