Yesterday, Apple finally approved v1.1 of the Hi/Lo game. Improvements include: splash screen, improved button graphics, Tap for Tap banner exchange banner (more), two fixed achievements (bet lower on 2 and bet higher on 49) and a new leaderboard (Highest Pot), and… most importantly. When you run out of points to bet, you can now “borrow” 1,000 points from the house, so you can keep playing. It’s also worth mentioning that if your balance is below 10,000 points at 1AM Central Time, we’ll reset it to 10,000 points.
Planned improvements for 1.2:
– Do a better job dealing with failures to connect to server
– Help new players find their way around the app
– Other? Suggestions?
admin June 26th, 2012
Posted In: Projects
Finally, it’s approved! After about 5-6 days of development and 7-8 days of waiting for review, my first solo iOS application is in the appstore
It’s a super simple Hi/Lo game, with Game Center integration for Leaderboards and Achievements.
The game is very simple.
1. You place an initial bet (1 to 10,000) and that becomes “the pot”
2. A number between 1 and 50 is drawn
3. You bet the entire pot, on whether the next number will be higher or lower than the last number drawn, at the odds given for each option.
4. The next number is drawn.
* If the number is equal to the last number, you lose.
* If you picked the incorrect option, you lose.
* If you picked the correct option (higher/lower) the pot is multiplied by the respective odds. At this point you can cash out your winnings or move to the next round (step 3)
…and so on.
There are achievements for reaching specific rounds (2,5,10, etc), cashing out specific amounts in a single game (10k, 100k, etc) and for winning at nearly impossible odds (for example: winning by betting on “lower” when current number is 2).
Simple timer rewards the player with 100 points every 5 minutes when the game is in the foreground, to assure they never really run out of points to bet.
admin June 11th, 2012
Posted In: Projects